Protecting your privacy and keeping your personal information confidential is very important to us. When you interact with our website, social media accounts or other digital applications, or attend our premises or events, you may share information with us.
We want you to be fully informed about the information we collect, how we use it, who we share it with, and the controls we give you to access, update and delete your information.
Aventuur, Inc and its related entities (Aventuur, us, we, our) values the privacy of our users, customers, suppliers and partners in accordance with local laws and regulations. We are committed to using responsible practices in the collection, maintenance and use of your information.
- when you attend our premises or events;
- when you are a supplier or business partner of Aventuur; and
We also describe the measures we take to protect the security of information about you and how you can contact us about our privacy practices.
If you are in the European Union, Aventuur will be the data controller responsible for the collection and use of your personal information. If you have a query about how your personal information is being used, you can contact the data controller at [email protected].
- Aventuur means Aventuur, Inc. and any of its subsidiaries, including Aventuur Australia Pty Ltd.
- Information means Personal Information and Non-Personal Information.
- Non-Personal Information means any information that does not personally identify you, such as tracking and usage information about your location, use of our website and the internet.
- Personal Information means any information that can personally identify you, such as your name, postal address, email address or mobile phone number. Personal Information includes Sensitive Information.
- Sensitive Information means any information that can personally identify you, and is considered sensitive or private, such as your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions or membership of political associations, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association or trade union, sexual orientation, criminal record, health information and biometric information and biometric templates. Aside from relevant health information that we may collect about you in connection with our services, we generally do not wish to collect your Sensitive Information. If we do collect, use or disclose Sensitive Information about you, we will only do so as permitted by local laws and/or regulations, such as where we have received your consent to do so, or the collection is required by local laws and/or regulations.
We respect the privacy of children, and we are committed to complying with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). We do not intentionally collect Personal Information from children. If you are under the age of thirteen (13), you may not register for an account on our website. If we learn that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Information to us without parental consent, we will take reasonable steps to delete that Personal Information.
If you are under the age of 16 and reside in the European Union, you must provide an email address of your parent or legal guardian before you provide Personal Information to us. Before collecting and processing your Personal Information, Aventuur must receive your parent or legal guardian’s express consent and we will not collect additional Personal Information from you until we receive your parent or legal guardian’s consent. Your parent or legal guardian may revoke consent at any time, and Aventuur will take reasonable steps to delete all Personal Information collected from you. Aventuur will also provide your parent or legal guardian with the ability to request to review your Personal Information, prohibit further collection of your Personal Information and delete or instruct the deletion of your Personal Information.
Personal Information we obtain about you
We may collect the following types of Personal Information about you:
- Date of birth;
- Telephone number;
- Email address;
- Social media account information;
- Payment details (including credit card and digital wallet information);
- How you use of our venues, products and services;
- Details of your surfing ability, habits, routines and preferences;
- Whether you have recommended our venues, products and services to anyone else;
- Details of your health and fitness (including preferences for activities such as events and training);
- Any medical conditions that you may have that are relevant to your use of our venues, products and services; and
- Your preferences regarding our venues, products and services.
If you do not provide us with the Personal Information that we request, we may not be able to meet your request, or provide the highest quality experiences to you.
Personal Information we may collect
When you interact with us, we collect Personal Information about you that is provided by you. We collect the Personal Information that is necessary for our business activities, to provide and develop our services, and to ensure we deliver world class experiences to our customers.
For example, you may provide Personal Information about yourself to us when you use our website (including while browsing, when you make a booking, or when you purchase something from us online), our social media sites and other digital applications. You may also provide Personal Information to us when you attend our venues and premises. We are committed to protecting any Sensitive Information we collect about you in accordance with local laws or regulations.
You may also provide us Personal Information when you complete and submit any forms on our website or respond to one of the surveys we produce.
When you interact with an Aventuur account on or through a social media platform, such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn, we collect Personal Information that you make available to us on that platform, page or account, including your user ID and username and any information you have made public in connection with that social media service. Please note that we will comply with the privacy policies of the corresponding social media platform and we will only collect and store such Personal Information that we are permitted to collect by those social media platforms and in accordance with local laws or regulations.
When you contact a member of our team or communicate with us in any other way, we’ll collect whatever information you volunteer or that we need to assist you.
We may also collect your Personal Information when required to do so by local laws or regulations.
Non-Personal Information we may collect
We may also collect Non-Personal Information about you when interact with our business online or visit our venues and premises.
For example, we may collect Non-Personal Information about your use of our website, our social media sites and other applications. We may also collect Non-Personal Information about you when you attend our venues and premises, including when you access our Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and other wireless networks.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can change your settings to notify you when a cookie is being set or updated or to block cookies all together. Please consult the “help” section of your browser for more information. By blocking all or any cookies, you may not have access to certain features, content or personalization available through our website.
We also may use these and similar technologies in emails we send you to collect certain information, such as whether you opened or forwarded an email, the time it was opened and whether you clicked on any links in an email.
We may use third-party web analytics services on our website and other applications, such as Google Analytics. These service providers help us analyze how visitors use our website, social media and other applications. The Non-Personal Information obtained for this purpose (including your IP address and other information collected by automated means) may be disclosed to, or collected directly by, these service providers.
The providers of third-party plugins and widgets on our website, social media and other applications, such as embedded videos and social media sharing tools, may use automated means to collect Non-Personal Information regarding your use of those sites and your interactions with the plugins and widgets. This Non-Personal Information is subject to the privacy policies or notices of the providers of the plugins and widgets.
You can opt out of certain advertising by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative consumer opt out page at http://optout.networkadvertising.org/, by using the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-On available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout, or by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out page at https://www.aboutads.info/choices.
Please note that we do not respond to browser-based “do not track” signals.
Other information we may collect from other sources
We receive Information about you from third-party services, our related companies, social media platforms, public databases and from our business and channel partners, this may include Non-Personal Information and Personal Information. We may combine this Information with Non-Personal Information and Personal Information that we collect through other means described above. This helps us to update and improve our records, identify new customers, create more personalized advertising and suggest services and products that may be of interest to you.
Email and other communications
We may contact you by email or other means at an email address that you have provided to us. For example, we may send you our newsletter, promotional offers or respond to your enquiries. If you do not want to receive emails from us, you can let us know through the “unsubscribe” feature included in our communications
How we use the information we obtain
The Personal Information and Non-Personal Information you provide us may be used for a number of purposes connected with our business, including but not limited to:
- facilitating the provision of our products and services to you;
- helping ensure your safety while at our venues and premises and while using our products and services;
- addressing or responding to any requests from you;
- verifying your identity and preventing fraud or other unauthorised activity;
- informing you of existing and proposed products, services and events;
- better understanding your surfing, skateboarding, training, fitness, events, leisure, entertainment, accommodation, food, beverage, retail, hire and health needs;
- operating, evaluating, developing, marketing, promoting, and improving our business, the quality and scope of our venues, premises and the products and services we provide;
- seeking your feedback on our venues, premises and the products and services we provide; and
- optimising our marketing, communications, advertising and promotional activities.
We may use your Personal Information for purposes related to those described above, which would reasonably be expected by you.
We and third parties (such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn) may collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites to provide you with advertising about products and services tailored to your interests. Where required by applicable local laws or regulations, we will obtain your consent for the processing of your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes. If you do receive direct marketing communications from us, you may opt-out through the “unsubscribe” feature included in our communications.
In addition, we use information collected through cookies, web beacons, web server logs and other automated means for purposes such as customizing our users’ visits to our website and interaction with our applications, delivering content tailored to our users’ interests and the manner in which our users browse our website and managing our websites and other aspects of our business.
We will only process your Personal Information as necessary so that we can pursue the purposes described above. Where we process your Personal Information for our legitimate interests as a business or those of a third party, we do so only where we have concluded that our processing does not prejudice you or your privacy in a way that would override our legitimate interest in pursuing those purposes.
Online tracking and interest-based advertising
You may see our ads on other websites or mobile apps because we participate in advertising networks, including digital advertising, banner advertising and social media advertising. Ad networks allow us to target our messaging to users by considering demographic data, users’ inferred interests and browsing context. These networks track users’ online activities over time by collecting information through automated means (such as by cookies, web server logs, web beacons and other similar technologies). The networks use this information to show ads that may be tailored to individuals’ interests, to track users’ browsers or devices across multiple websites or apps, and to build a profile of users’ online browsing activities. The information our ad networks may collect includes data about users’ visits to websites and apps that participate in the relevant ad networks, such as the pages or ads viewed and the actions taken on the websites or apps. This data collection takes place both on the Sites and on third-party websites and apps that participate in the ad networks. This process also helps us track the effectiveness of our marketing efforts.
Links to other websites
Our website, social media accounts, applications and emails may provide links to other websites for your convenience. These websites may operate independently from us. Linked websites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent any linked websites are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for their content, any use of the websites, or the privacy practices of the websites.
Information we disclose to others
We may disclose your Personal Information to:
- others, in accordance with a request made by you;
- our related companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, authorised representatives, agents, contractors and business partners;
- persons engaged in providing us with professional, business, marketing, advertising, communications, technology and corporate services, when reasonably required; and
- healthcare professionals, where this is required to help ensure your health and safety.
In addition, we may share anonymous/aggregated information with third parties, such as our service providers, to facilitate our business operations.
Information collected through third-party plug-ins and widgets on the website, social media or other application (such as information relating to your use of a social media sharing tool) is collected directly by the providers of the plug-ins and widgets. This information is subject to the privacy policies of the providers of the plug-ins and widgets.
We may transfer the Personal Information we collect about you to recipients in countries other than the country in which the information was originally collected. Where you are based in the UK, the EU, or another country which imposes data transfer restrictions outside of its territory, this includes transfers outside of the UK and the European Economic Area (EEA) or that geographical area, including to those countries in which our affiliates, group members, service providers and business partners operate. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information. Where we transfer Personal Information outside of the UK, the EEA, or other territories subject to data transfer restrictions to other members of the Aventuur group or our service providers, we will ensure that our arrangements with them are governed by data transfer agreements or safeguards, designed to ensure that your Personal Information is protected as required under applicable data protection law (including, where appropriate, under an agreement on terms approved for this purpose by the European Commission or by obtaining your consent).
Retention and deletion of your Personal Information
We aim to keep your Personal Information accurate and up-to-date. We will delete your Personal Information that we hold about you when we no longer need it.
We retain your Personal Information for as long as it is required by us for our legitimate purposes, or where longer, such longer period as is required or permitted by applicable local laws or regulations. After this time your Personal Information will be deleted or anonymized.
Storage of Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country where we or our services providers maintain information storage facilities.
How do we secure your Personal Information?
We are committed to ensuring that your Personal Information is secure. We use reasonable efforts to protect Personal Information collected, used, stored, shared or transferred to us from access, loss, misuse, alteration or destruction by any unauthorised party. Please understand that no transmission of data over the internet or any other public network can be 100% secure.
Your rights and choices
We offer you certain choices in connection with the Personal Information we collect from you.
To the extent provided by the law of your jurisdiction or otherwise applicable to our processing of your information, you may request access to the Personal Information we maintain about you or request that we correct, amend, delete or block your Personal Information by contacting us as indicated below.
Where provided by law, you may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us or object at any time on legitimate grounds to the processing of your Personal Information, and we will apply your preferences going forward.
These rights, subject to certain limitations, may include:
- Rights of access, correction and deletion: You may have a right of access to the Personal Information that we hold about you, and to some related information, including the purpose for processing the Personal Information, the categories of recipients of that Personal Information to the extent it has been transferred internationally, and, where the Personal Information has not been collated directly from you, the source of the Personal Information. You may also have the right to require any inaccurate Personal Information to be corrected or deleted.
- Right to object, and portability: You can object to our use of your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes at any time and you may have the right to object to our processing of some or all of your Personal Information (and require it to be deleted) in some other circumstances. In some circumstances, you may also have a “data portability” right to require us to transfer your Personal Information to you or a third party, in a data portable format.
We review and verify requests to protect your Personal Information and will action data protection requests fairly and in accordance with applicable data protection laws and principles.
If you are a California resident and have an established business relationship with us, effective 1 January 2020, you can request a notice disclosing the categories of Personal Information we have shared with third parties, if any, for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, during the preceding calendar year. California law permits residents of California to opt-out of Aventuur’s disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. California law also permits residents of California to op-out of Aventuur’s sale of their personal data to other businesses or third-parties. You may choose to opt-out of the sharing of your Personal Information to third parties and the sale of your Personal Information to third parties at any time by submitting a request in writing to us.
You can also lodge a complaint about our processing of your Personal Information with the body regulating data protection in your country.
How to contact us
You also may write to:
ATTN: Privacy Officer
1675 S State Street
United States 19901